[ltp] suspend immediately

Yves Dorfsman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2008 06:58:10 -0700

K.-Heinz Hagenbucher wrote:

> I've also have a R51 but I use Ubuntu 8.04, and my suspend to RAM or
> Disk does work fine with Hardy and the ones before.
> I do have a ATI9000 Mobility, so the only problem I've got, is the
> Compiz stuff! :o(
>
> You might not want Ubuntu, but if you tell me where to look for
> differences in the system, I might be able to help.
> But beware, I'm not a Linux crack! ;o)

Thanks. I would go with Ubuntu if that fixed my resume problem, but I am
fairly certain the issue is a bug in the driver for the Intel card. This is
quite ironic since I went out of my way to buy one with an Intel card
because at the time I believed that Intel, the company, put efforts into
supporting Linux, but it turns they don't, they just provide better
documentation for their APIs.

--
Yves.
http://www.sollers.ca/blog/2008/swappiness