[ltp] Re: How to get a working framebuffer on the X61s

Sun, 7 Dec 2008 21:58:56 +0100

On Fri, Dec 05, 2008 at 11:16:24 +0100, Rolf Kutz wrote:
> On 05/12/08 00:43 +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
>>
>> With intelfb compiled into the kernel and video=intelfb vga=773
>> With vesafb compiled into the kernel and vga=773
>> With the vesafb, I also tried vga=ask, but the screen was also black.
>
> Do you have "Framebuffer Console support" compiled
> into the kernel? I have also "VESA VGA graphics
> support" and "Intel 830M/845G..." compiled in. It
> seems to use VESA all the time. Boot options are
> "video=intelfb:mode=1024x768-32@60 vga=792".

Of cause I was missing framebuffer console support in the kernel.
Thanks a lot. BTW, it looks as using intelfb instead of a plain text
console saves some power, even when working in X, using the native
intel Xorg driver. Can anyone confirm this?

Regards,
Tino