[ltp] Re: tpfand configuration for an X200s

Elias Oltmanns linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 Dec 2008 00:00:05 +0100

Christoph Bier <christoph.bier@web.de> wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh schrieb am 15.12.2008 21:14:
>
>> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Christoph Bier wrote:
[...]
>>> I read the documentation for thinkpac-acpi. But I should say that
>>> there were many things I did not understand.
>>
>> Well, that I can help with.
>
> I don't know how to translate this phrase into german.

It simply means that Henrique can help you with any questions you might
have regarding the documentation of thinkpad_acpi or the driver itself.

[...]
>>> I find that I can't change the fan levels:
>>
>> You need to give the module the parameter fan_control=1 to enable fan
>> control.
>
> Yes, I know and I do that[1]; sorry, I should have mentioned it again:
>
> chris@skull-tp:~$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/thinkpad_acpi.modprobe
> options thinkpad_acpi fan_control=1

I don't feel comfortable with that file name; on many systems files
whose name contains a dot are ignored by the system shell scripts.
Please unload thinkpad_acpi and reload it manually specifying the option
on the command line. If that helps, you should rename that config file of
yours to something like /etc/modprobe.d/thinkpad_acpi .

Hope that helps,

Elias