[ltp] tp_smapi

Matthias Witte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 29 Dec 2008 06:45:18 +0100

xun wang schrieb am Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 09:30:50PM -0500:
> Hello, I've managed to make the tp_smapi working on my t400, but there is
> one part of the instruction i don't understand(from the thinkwiki site). it
> says:
>
> > "add the force_io=1 module parameter to thinkpad_ec in
> > /etc/modprobe.conf(or your distribution's equivalent"

IIRC an existing /etc/modprobe.conf prevents modprobe from processing
all directives under /etc/modprobe.d:

	[man modprobe.conf]
	... /etc/modprobe.conf (or, if that does not exist, all files under
	the /etc/modprobe.d directory) ...

You can create a file /etc/modprobe.d/local and put

options thinkpad-ec force_io=1

in there.