[ibm-acpi-devel] [ltp] /proc/acpi/ibm/bay gone with ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.19-20080107/2.6.24

Joerg Platte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:04:17 +0100

Am Freitag, 1. Februar 2008 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:

> I stand corrected.  I guess that's it.  We may have finally hit a case
> where the linux ACPI model of only one "notify handler"/driver per node
> fails, and fails so bad it is not funny.
>
> But better to be sure about it first.  Here's how to test it for people
> with the new libata ACPI support:
>
> Please boot the kernel with "libata.noacpi=1".  If either bay or
> thinkpad-acpi bay handling starts working *for disks insterted in the
> ultrabay, NOT for batteries*, then we have pinpointed the problem.

I can corfirm this. It works when disabling ACPI in libata or when loading the
bay module before the libata module.

Btw., is it possible to tell hal once and for all that my HD in the bay is
removable? I added an entry according to
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_hotswap_UltraBay_devices but the key and
the value seems to change with each new hal or kernel version.

Now I use info.parent instead of storage.physical_device but its value changes
frequently and I use three different rules with the following values:
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_24ca_scsi_host_scsi_device_lun0
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_24ca_scsi_host_0_scsi_device_lun0
/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/pci_8086_24ca_1_scsi_host_scsi_device_lun0

regards,
Jörg

--
PGP Key: send mail with subject 'SEND PGP-KEY' PGP Key-ID: FD 4E 21 1D
PGP Fingerprint: 388A872AFC5649D3 BCEC65778BE0C605