[ltp] Re: enabling protect file for hdaps on t61

Rolf Kutz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 9 Feb 2008 17:54:51 +0100

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On 09/02/08 16:10 +0200, Micha wrote:
>How do I enable the protect file to get the hdapsd disk protection working=
 in a
>t61?
>I got hdaps working with hdaps-gl showing the right output, but when I try=
>start hdapsd it gives me the output:
>
># hdapsd -d sda -s 15 -v=20
>protect_file: /sys/block/sda/queue/protect
>threshold: 15
>read_method: input-dev
>open(protect_file): No such file or directory

You need the hdaps protection patch for the
kernel. It implements the "unload immediate"
feature.=20

For 2.6.24(-rc3) see here:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.hdaps.devel/1094

>The disk is a sata disk, which I believe is working with libata and a 64bit
>kernel.

Does ist support unload immediate?

regards, Rolf
--=20
=2E..about the greatest democrazy in the world.

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--