[ltp] Re: enabling protect file for hdaps on t61

Elias Oltmanns linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 09 Feb 2008 23:23:03 +0100

Rolf Kutz <rk@vzsze.de> wrote:
> On 09/02/08 16:10 +0200, Micha wrote:
>>How do I enable the protect file to get the hdapsd disk protection working in a
>>t61?
>>I got hdaps working with hdaps-gl showing the right output, but when I try to
>>start hdapsd it gives me the output:
>>
>> # hdapsd -d sda -s 15 -v
>>protect_file: /sys/block/sda/queue/protect
>>threshold: 15
>>read_method: input-dev
>>open(protect_file): No such file or directory
>
> You need the hdaps protection patch for the
> kernel. It implements the "unload immediate"
> feature.
>
> For 2.6.24(-rc3) see here:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.hdaps.devel/1094

Please don't use the hdaps patch with 2.6.24 yet. In fact, I'm quite
convinced that there is a bug in the scsi error handler so you might
want to wait before switching to 2.6.24 unless you don't mind occasional
system freezes.

Regards,

Elias