[ltp] Feisty to Gutsy dist-upgrade

come se fosse antani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:08:28 +0100

------=_Part_30200_25791344.1199387308699

On Nov 12, 2007 2:19 PM, Marcus Hagn <hagn@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello,
> if you have everything running on Feisty, why do you want to upgrade?
> Upgrading (although from an earlier version) caused a lot of trouble
> on my X40. Especially suspend and hibernate was not working and after
> some tweaking I got only suspend to work (still working on hibernate).
> Everything else did not work better as before. Same or higher power
> consumption, network manager still somewhat flakey, boot time at least
> the same (that is only my "feeling", did not take hard numbers).
> I would really keep feisty and wait for the next release. It is not
> worth the hazzle. I expect the next version to be more polished.

I upgraded to Gutsy on my X40 (and how having suspend problems) just
xrandr1.2 and better support for my external LCD.
Somehow using the LiveCD and some times with my installed Gutsy, everything
works fine after resuming from a suspend on ram.
But some times... the other times I got a black screen with only a square
and the mouse cursor visible. The only thing I can do is an hard power off.
How do you solved your suspend problems on the X40?
thanks