[ltp] Special Keys on Old Machines

Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:08:35 -0600 (CST)

Hey all,

I recently put Ubuntu 6.06 LTS on my 750P. (Yes I'm the crazy one.) It
runs, but I have only the barest software on it. I'd like to get at least
some of the special keys to work, but I know there's no ACPI.

I would appreciate information on how to intercept the function keys and
connect them to commands to run, even in command-line mode. Suspend
(Fn+F4) and resume would be most helpful, then I suppose screen blank
(F3), display switch (F7), and once sound works, volume (F5 and F6).

Tips and pointers to information are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris