[ltp] KUBUNTU Install

Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:54:58 +0000

Christoph Lechleitner wrote:
> For any difficult installation (RAM <=256MB, X11 not running
> out-of-the-box, ...), using the alternate cd and doing the text based
> "install a command line system" is the (usually) failsafe way. (This
> never failed for me)

The big problem here is that the *CD* isn't working! SO I think your
advice perhaps isn't appropriate in this case. The major problem here is
that the usb-cdrom is non bootable. Worse, there is now no working OS on
the machine at all, just grub. So I think it's down to one of:

  * USB boot  (via USB stick)
  * PXE network boot (with TFTP on another machine)
  * Floppy disc boot - and hope that the USB CDROM is supported
  * Hardware hack - eg remove drive and install in a different machine.

Richard