[ltp] What Harddrives that support hdaps?

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:44:24 +0100

--nextPart1762508.NY16JqJcaT

Am Dienstag 22 Januar 2008 schrieb Rolf Kutz:
> Hello,

Hi!

> is there a list of harddrives that support the
> unload immediatly feature that is needed for the
> Active Protection System?

As far as I understand you can query this.

shambala> hdparm -I /dev/sda | grep UNLOAD
           *    IDLE_IMMEDIATE with UNLOAD

The ThinkWiki has lots of hints[1,2]. Including a Perl script that can=20
test whether unload immediately works. You just start it and will hear=20
whether the harddisk does unload immediately. There should be an=20
incomplete list somewhere in it as well.

[1] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/HDAPS
[2] http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_protect_the_harddisk_through_APS

Ciao,
=2D-=20