[ltp] x61s suspend problem

Pete Phillips linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 00:26:45 +0000

s:

    Peter> I filed a bugreport, some time ago. Someone has tracked this
    Peter> issue down to two patches which where introduced into the
    Peter> ubuntu kernel as well as into 2.6.23 mainline. The workaround
    Peter> for the display being blank after resume was to append the
    Peter> s3bios option to grub.

    Peter> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+b=
ug/153545

    Peter> I am running 2.6.24 successfully for 3 days now, did 5
    Peter> suspends in a row and everything is fine.

Hi Peter

a few questions.

1 - do you use the acpi_sleep=3Ds3_bios option with the 2.6.24 kernel ?

2 - are your USB ports OK after resume ?
=20
3 - what procedure did you use to upgrade the kernel ? was it this=20

  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=3D646755

i'm running gutsy on an x61s so would love to know what the final answer
is!=20

regards
Pete