[ltp] T21 cpufreq problems

Michael Karcher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 11:00:08 +0200

--=-FEPgpvW+z9JHfkCuq14b

Am Donnerstag, den 10.07.2008, 06:57 +0100 schrieb Dave Wood:
> I've been trying to get ondemand working as a cpu governor.
It won't.

>  dmesg shows
>=20
> ondemand governor failed, too long transition latency of HW, fallback to
> performance governor
Because that's the problem. SMI-based frequency switching is something
that takes a real long time (probably in the msec range), in which no
work can be done. So it is not useful to switch very often, and thus you
don't need a kernel-space solution.

Install powernowd, cpufreqd or something like that instead.

Regards,
 Michael Karcher

--=-FEPgpvW+z9JHfkCuq14b

--=-FEPgpvW+z9JHfkCuq14b--