[ltp] T23 and eye strain

Anze Slosar linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 23:18:48 -0700

> I thought about refresh rate, but it seems LCDs are stuck at 60 Hz which
> drives me nuts as well, at least on the old CRTs it was intolerable.

This really should not be a problem for LCDs. For CRTs 60Hz actually
meant flickering at 60 Hz, while for LCDs this is just the frequency
at which the screen is updated. In other words, for a static image,
LCD will display exactly the same regardless of refresh frequency. So,
unless you are a super-hard first person shooter gamer, I don't think
changing this will make any difference whatsoever... :)

anze