[ltp] T61 Brightness keys with 2.6.26 not working (NVIDIA)

Jens Rutschmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:16:14 +0200

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote on 22.07.2008 00:40:
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Jens Rutschmann wrote:
>> The brightness_down button does nothing. Also in acpi_listen I get:
>> ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001010
>> for brightness_up, brightness_down does nothing.
>
> Find out what is writing crap to hotkey_mask, and stop it.

Fixed it by enabling CONFIG_VIDEO_OUTPUT_CONTROL and CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO.

Now both brightness keys create proper acpi / key events AND change the
brightness in both X and console. This is without a program listening on acpi /
key events. At least I didn't setup any (running on gentoo)...

Btw after booting "hotkey_mask" and "hotkey_recommended_mask" contain the same
values now. After booting into X I get this:

hotkey_all_mask                 0x00ffffff
hotkey_bios_enabled             0
hotkey_bios_mask                0x0000080c
hotkey_enable                   1
hotkey_mask                     0x008c7fff
hotkey_poll_freq                10
hotkey_radio_sw                 1
hotkey_recommended_mask         0x008c7fff
hotkey_report_mode              1
hotkey_source_mask              0x00000000

If you're interested in the hotkey_mask as it has been set before I activated
CONFIG_ACPI_VIDEO, then let me know and I'll compile a kernel without it.

Best regards,
Jens