[ltp] too hot T60

Chris Penn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:50:56 -0500

well, the two cores chills between 42 and 48, and ocassionally goes to 50C.=
I was just kinda rounding up. Right now, the two temps are 42 and 47.......

Im running gnome, kernel 2.26.19, compiz, cairodock, rhythmbox, and
some basic desktop services.

my video card runs at about 54-55C (NVidia FX 570M). I definitely
thought that would be warmer.

chris...

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Karel Podvolecky <kapo@ok.cvut.cz> wrote:
> Honesly? I have no idea :)
> You have t61p, so i assume you have core _2_ duo and I think it has bette=
> power management, so you should be even lower than 50 degrees. But I give
> you no guarantee :)
>
> k.
>

> Chris Penn napsal(a):
>>
>> What is a good idle temperature ? 49? 50?
>> What would be a limit to look for on cpu temperature?
>>
>> In my case, I have a t61p 2.5ghz.
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> chris...
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Karel Podvolecky <kapo@ok.cvut.cz>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everybody,
>>>  I have T60 too (model F4G-2007 with upgraded RAM and HDD). And I'm
>>> suffering same temperatures as you do. In the beginning I have CPU
>>> temperatures even higher, than you.
>>>  I was several times in service. I have mainboard replaced 2 times, CPU
>>> replaced 1 time and cooler replaced about 4-5 times. Only one think get
>>> better: CPU. Its temperature went about 10 degrees down. But that was a=
ll
>>> .
>>>  Under heavy load I had even 110 degrees on CPU and GPU when I was
>>> encoding
>>> video using both cores.
>>>
>>> Only two things get these temperatures a little bit lower:
>>> 1) open the notebook and blow away all the dust
>>> 2) bend a little metal coller that is pressing on GPU chip, so it press