[ltp] hdaps-protect-patch for 2.6.25

Dmitry E. Mikhailov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 23:05:41 +0600

On Sunday 01 June 2008 05:51:32 pm Johannes Bittner wrote:
> A little off-topic, but is there any progress for integrating this patch
> into mainline?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a maintainer. You can ask directly Elias Oltmanns
<eo@nebensachen.de>

But there are still rumors on the net that the patch isn't that stable. On my
previous attempt I got the kernel frozen immediately at the start of hdapsd
daemon. But now I use 2.6.25 with tp_smapi, hdaps_protect, hdaps_protect_fix
(but no centrino_undervolt) patches and it works perfectly. I guess,
with 'fix' the hangs are kinda rare or the centrino_undervolt somehow messes
with hdaps_protect. No idea 'cos no time to recheck.

Best regards, Dmitry.