[ltp] Speedstep-smi now loads on a22m.

Connor Behan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:12:04 -0400

Last week I returned to my struggle to get a frequency scaling module
loaded on my Coppermine A22m. All of them failed due to "No such device"
except speedstep-lib. I tried everything I found online short of
recompiling the kernel and nothing seemed to fix the error. But just now
I noticed a module called freq_table appearing in lsmod, so I thought
maybe the modules got loaded in the wrong order.

That did the trick for me. The right order is:

modprobe speedstep-lib relaxed_check=1
modprobe speedstep-smi
modprobe freq_table

I guess we should add that to the list of thousands of simple things
that might fix your speedstep problem or might not.