[ltp] I cannot get TrackPoint mid-button scrolling...

Tue, 3 Jun 2008 13:59:20 +0300

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 10:28:04AM +0200, Petar Milin wrote:
> Hello!
> First, sorry for multiple posts, as I posted how-to make suspend and
> hibernate working on T61, but this is another issue.

There's nothing to be sorry about.  It's a good habit to discuss
separate issues in different threads.

> In brief, I cannot make TrackPoint mid-button to scroll. I did
> everything as suggested on ThinkWiki, but no result at all. Here is my
> xorg.conf:
=2E..
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier	"Trackpoint"
> 	Driver		"mouse"
> 	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mice"

Technically, /dev/input/mice will include *all* mouses plugged into your
computer, except for the touchpad perhaps. =20

> 	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
> 	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
> 	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
> 	Option		"EmulateWheel"          "true"
> 	Option		"EmulateWheelButton"    "2"

I don't see CorePointer nor SendCoreEvents here.  Is this section even
used?  I didn't notice a ServerLayout section in your xorg.conf.

> EndSection
>=20
> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
> 	Driver		"mouse"
> 	Option		"CorePointer"
> EndSection

You have two mouse sections here, and I suspect only this one is being
used.  Try adding=20

	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
	Option		"EmulateWheel"          "true"
	Option		"EmulateWheelButton"    "2"

here.  I cannot guarantee that it will work; I don't know if trackpoint
events are handled by the synaptics driver or by the mouse driver.

> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier	"Synaptics Touchpad"
> 	Driver		"synaptics"
> 	Option		"SendCoreEvents"	"true"
> 	Option		"Device"		"/dev/psaux"
> 	Option		"Protocol"		"auto-dev"
> 	Option		"HorizEdgeScroll"	"0"
> EndSection

> Please, I like TrackPoint very much and, at the same time dislike
> TouchPad. How to make it work? What is wrong here?

I mainly use the trackpoint, but I use the touchpad or an external USB
mouse for wheel scrolling.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I would suggest re-naming "rmbdd()". I _assume_ that "dd" stands for "data
dependent", but quite frankly, "rmbdd" looks like the standard IBM "we
lost every vowel ever invented" kind of assembly lanaguage to me.
		-- Linus Torvalds

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g

--2fHTh5uZTiUOsy+g--