[ltp] display with backlight off after resume

come se fosse antani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 8 Jun 2008 12:00:46 +0200

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 20:57, Dmitry E. Mikhailov <sexandvodka@gmail.com> wrote:
>> your script ran from the tty: it works!
>> your script ran from xorg with compiz (de/)activated: it works!
>> using gnome-power-manager to suspend  (that, afaik, uses pm-suspend
>> and the hal quirks ) with compiz activated or deactivated: backlight
>> off issue.
> There's actually one workaround: switch to text console. For some reason it
> doesn't resume well to the X's graphic mode.

So, I should find some way to modify the pm-suspend suspend script,
adding the switch to text console.
the problem is that if I try to launch pm-suspend from the tty, I got
the same issue.

>> Actually I can suspend the laptop with your script... so, thank you!
> Use acpid daemon to make the script activated by a Fn+F4 hotkey. I can help if
> you'd like.

Actually I deactivated all the gnome-power-manager actions and I run
your script with a launcher.
Thank you for the support: I'll try in the next days to include it in
the acpi events.

>> Some months ago everything (on debian unstable, same sysstem as now)
>> worked perfectly with gnome-power-manager and pm-suspend. What
>> happened? I never touched that configuration...
> I guess,  sometimes newer software brake good old things. Remove old errors,
> add new ones...

yep... 'unstable' has a cristal clear meaning... :D

thank you!
antani