[ltp] Battery issue with R31 (any battery experts out there)

Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:43:57 +0300

Hello, it's a bit off topic for this list but maybe someone =20
knowledgeable enough is lurking here.

The battery on my r31 died completely (I mean, I don't get even 1 =20
second of life from it). That led me to suspect that due to the fact =20
that the machine has been lying around unconnected it may have dropped =20
bellow the minimum value and the protection circuit is preventing it =20
from charging.

Does anyone know if this is probably, if so, if it is possible to =20
check if that is the issue and if it is, is it possible to forcibly =20
reset the protection circuit (will bypassing it to charge the battery =20
once work?)

I have access tomorrow at work to proper equipment to do this if this =20
is necessary (controlled power supply, oscilloscope, proper soldering =20
iron and most importantly, people who know how to use them ...). Since =20
I fly on Sunday evening and I haven't managed to put my hand on a =20
replacement battery, this is the last chance to get the machine =20
working for the trip, it is thus a little urgent.

Thanks for any suggestions.