[ltp] Problem with cardbus on Thinkpad 600.

Henrik Jacobsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 14 Jun 2008 17:10:32 +0200

* Harry Popov (lz1bb@mail.bg) wrote:
> You have irq conflict. IRQ 3 is used by Infrared port
> and/or internal modem of T600 also. Irq 4 is used by the
> serial port. They should not be used by pcmcia cards.
> Perhaps you must change PCMCIA irq. In my case with Debian
> Testing in file /etc/pcmcia/config.opts add:
> exclude irq 3
> exclude irq 4
> exclude irq 5
>
> I solved the same problem with T600X in this way. Hope
> this helps.

Installed Xubuntu 8.04 (couldn't figure out how to change
PCMCIA-kernelmodules IRQ-assignement on my homebrewed
distro) and included your suggestion in config.opts.  The
result was that the IRQ changed, but still no success in
actually communicating with the cardbus-card.. :(  I have no
clue what to try next..

Tnx..
/Henrik