[ltp] volume/brightness in hardy heron

Anze Slosar linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:56:40 -0700

Hi everyone,

Hardy Heron has broken volume buttons on my thinkpad X40. They simply
do not see to create any ACPI events.
My hotkey file in proc looks like

status:=09=09enabled
mask:=09=090x000009dc
commands:=09enable, disable, reset, <mask>

and I can=B4t get the mask any higher than that. If I listen to acpi
events with acpi_listen, I can see some other buttons generating
events, but vol up, vol down, mute and brightness up brighness down
don=B4t generate anything at all. Fn-F9 does the ibm/hotkey HKEY
00000080 00001009 as expected.

Any ideas?

--=20
-- "Locomotion is the self-powered, patterned motion of limbs or other
anatomical parts by which an individual customarily moves itself from
place to place." [wikipedia]