[ltp] Switching video output on a T23

Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:58:00 -0300

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Hannes Kuhnert wrote:
> In the past I could get LCD and VGA switched on simultaneously on a T23, at
> least at one with XGA display. (I own one with SXGA+ display). I did that via
> the /proc interface of the ibm-acpi linux kernel modul.

It is still there, but the module was renamed to thinkpad-acpi.  AFAIK, I
didn't break or remove any support for the T23, so please report any bugs.

> What happend with the video code of ibm-acpi?

Nothing, AFAIK ;-)  And I should know, since I am the ibm-acpi/thinkpad-acpi
maintainer.

That said, bugs could have crept in, I certainly have no T23 (or T3x) to
test those codepaths.  In fact, there was a bug introduced in the OLD_LED
support recently, that I'd never know about if an user had not reported it.

  Henrique Holschuh