[ltp] Switching video output on a T23

Hannes Kuhnert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 21:25:49 +0200

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh schrieb:
> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, Hannes Kuhnert wrote:
> > In the past I could get LCD and VGA switched on simultaneously on a T23,
> > at least at one with XGA display. (I own one with SXGA+ display). I did
> > that via the /proc interface of the ibm-acpi linux kernel modul.
>
> It is still there, but the module was renamed to thinkpad-acpi.

It seems to be a problem with updating the kernel sources via patches.=20
Menuconfig didn=E2=80=99t show it.

Now that I=E2=80=99ve tested it on my T23 with SXGA+ display I have to stat=
e that=20
video_switch works, but the enable and disable commands don=E2=80=99t work.=
 That=20
means it can only switch between LCD and VGA like s3switch does. :-(

Status messages are correct. expand_toggle works fine.

Under Windows XP LCD and VGA can be switched on simultaneously.
=2D-=20
Hannes Kuhnert, Chemnitz, Germany