[ltp] Running with line power and no battery

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 02 Mar 2008 02:53:12 -0500

On Sat, 2008-03-01 at 19:10 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> You mean drain one of them dry, then plug the other?  The executives
> I've seen around do it *all* the time.  It is only on AC when they are
> at their desks, or when they run out of batteries.

No, I mean drain it dry until the OS itself tells you that it has no
more power, *THEN* run the Battery Rundown tool on it (to deplete the
remaining hour-or-so of battery life from the battery), then charge it
back to full again with the laptop off.

--
David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com