[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Tobi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:32:06 +0100

Hello!

While searching for a new notebook with the following basic parameters:

  - CPU > 2 GHz, at least 4 MB L2 Cache
  - 2 x 2 GB RAM
  - SATA > 250GB, 8MB Cache
  - 15,4" display (non-glossy)

=2E..I was recommended to take a look at the Lenovo T60 / T61.

I would like to run Linux on the notebook and keep Windows XP or 2008
(for doing some VisualStudio development) jailed in a VirtualBox.

Is there anything I should take care of, when buying a Lenovo notebook
for Linux? Any trouble with specific hardware components, unsupported
features or missing drivers? Any trouble running a 64-bit Linux?

Thanks,

Tobias