[ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Michael Gaber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:44:58 +0100

i would only recommend to you, that you buy the TP with the least ram
you could get and purchase additional ram yourself, which is way cheaper
then the prices lenovo charges

for the hdd i personally would prefer one with 7200rpm (which i think
are available up to 200G in thinkpads)

i didn't notice any problems with thinkpads and linux, (except that the
gentoo-x64-livecd won't boot at all and kubuntu booted only with noapic
and nolapic kernel params, which were NOT nescessary on my installed
gentoo x64 system