[ltp] Re: What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?

Donald P Kong linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:53:09 +0800

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 12:01 +0100,
linux-thinkpad-request@linux-thinkpad.org wrote:

> Message: 25
> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 01:20:36 +0100
> From: Christoph Lechleitner <lech@ibcl.at>
> To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
> Subject: Re: [ltp] What to take care of when buying a Lenovo?
>
> > My brand-new T61p is 1920x1200 without a glossy screen, and it runs
> > bee-yootiful with Ubuntu, straight out of the box. EVERYTHING just
> > worked perfectly (nvidia drivers autodetected, suspend/resume,
> > hibernate, sound and wireless).
>
> That's odd, hibernate (AKA suspend to disk) do not work for most Ubuntu
> users including me, WLAN and volume control are known to be erratic,
> there are some discussions and launchpad entries on these bits.
>
> What are the versions of your BIOS and kernel please?
> (BIOS: See at boot time, Kernel: uname -a)
>
> Regards Christoph

on my X61 when it was running Ubuntu 7.10, everything worked except the
Fn+F7 for switching screens. no docking station to try out the dock
features. WLAN was sometimes flaky (known issue on Launchpad on other
laptops besides Thinkpads).

BIOS is latest from Lenovo v2.05. kernel was 2.6.22

--

Donald P Kong
+6019-887-7337
+6016-809-7227