[ltp] [Solution] Thinkpad X40 on fedora 8, display blank after resume

Christos Papadopoulos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:11:30 -0600

Solution, take 2:

Found the problem. The winner is.. compiz! Well, to be more
specific, desktop effects. All I had to do was turn them off.

I had turned them on right after install, and they appeared to work
fine with the previous kernel (2.6.23.15-137.fc8-i686). However, compiz
would not even start with Fedora's updated kernel
(2.6.24.3-12.fc8-i686).  Turning desktop effects off, fixed the
problems with the new kernel and suspend/resume. I use the "intel"
driver and I guess there is some bad interaction between the graphics card
(82852/855GM) and GL(?).

I actually liked the descktop effects, so if anyone has suggestions
on how to get them to work let me know.

Christos.