[ltp] T61: Only with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M :-(

Tobi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:37:19 +0100

Hello!

Thanks for all who gave some hints in the "What to take care of when
buying a Lenovo?"-thread. This helped me a lot to decide, what I want.
These are my specs now:

- Intel Core 2 Duo T9300
- Intel X3100
- 15,4" WSXGA+ (1680 x 1050)
- Intel 4965AGN

- 2 x 2 GB (Baught separetly)
- 320 GB Western Digital (Baught separetly)

I think, this could be a nearly "perfect" Linux-Notebook. I would prefer
a 400GB or 500GB Hitachi, but I think, the T61 does not support 12,5 mm
drives.

Unfortunately, the above configuration is not available in Germany /
Europe. I can only get it with a Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M here (NH0E3GE) :-(

I signed the online petition (
http://www.opentheblob.com/nvidia/index.php ), but I don't think this
will make NVIDIA release any OpenSource drivers in the near future :-)

Besides this - are there any known problems with this graphics card on
Linux? Will hibernating work without problems? What about dual head? I
read, that this might by problematic
(http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=101780). Can I run the
notebook with XOrg dual-headed with 1680 x 1050 on the Notebook and 1280
x 1024 on an external TFT?

bye,

Tobias