[ltp] T61: Only with NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M :-(

Thu, 13 Mar 2008 21:11:53 -0300

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> Yeah, I don't exactly know the IWS status. Sometime it's listed for some
> countries, sometimes not. I never called my local reseller (lenovo doesn't

What usually happens is that IWS is not initially available on non-worldwide
models (i.e. the good stuff).  Within one or two years, it becomes available
on most coutries.  That happened to my T43 2687.

Parts availability have a lot to do with this, too.  If OLED displays are on
short supply, and a new thinkpad shows up with OLED displays, you can bet it
will only be available in US and Japan for a while, and with a short list of
alternative coutries in the IWS profile... simply because Lenovo won't have
enough OLED displays to sprinkle the world with :-)

It *really* is a per-model annoyance, you have to check every model you
might want to find out which ones are already serviceable on your country.

And if you want the best configurated models of something REALLY new (like
say, a X300 :-) ), it won't be easy.

  Henrique Holschuh