[ltp] any successes with 2.5 inch laptop-IDE-drive USB enclosures?

Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:04:29 +0200

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 03:41:41PM +0000, Richard Neill wrote:
> Also, what actually happens if you overload the port a bit? The spec says=
=20
> you are only "permitted" to draw 500mA, but there doesn't seem to be any=
=20
> way to enforce it.
>
> That said, I once managed to short out the USB port of my thinkpad, while=
=20
> experimenting. No permanent harm was done, but the machine instantly=20
> crashed.

Happened to me once, when I plugged in an apparently-broken USB IrDA
device.  Instant laptop crash.

Speaking of which, I think that was the T42 where I later noticed that my
USB ports only worked in USB 1.2 mode and did not work at all in USB 2.0
mode.  Coincidence?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0--