[ltp] any successes with 2.5 inch laptop-IDE-drive USB enclosures?

Christian Nilsson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:47:43 +0100

Hi John.

I've been using many diffrent USB-IDE 2.5 Adapters and without any major problem, and it sounds like the enclosures you are using are found and is available thru /dev/sd? ?

However some times you have to get a external power supply becuse the USB ports (or usb cable) are not able to give the Drive the needed Current, your description is the same as for me when this happends.

if you can provide your enclosures with external, give it a try if you are not allready using one.

//Christian Nilsson