[ltp] hotswap on later kernels

Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:39:28 -0300

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> The system is a T41 with Fedora 7. Hotswap is installed from FC3. What
> is the replacement for hotswap in later systems?

It requires that you switch to libata (drives will now be all under the SCSI
layer, i.e. /dev/hda becomes /dev/sda, DVD/CDROM becomes /dev/scd*, etc).

It also requires a script reacting to either udev events or ACPI events
(depending on which dock/bay handler you use, generic ACPI's or
thinkpad-acpi's), that needs to issue scsiadd -r (or the sysfs equivalent)
on the SCSI bay device before you command the bay to eject it.

I believe someone described the entire setup needed in thinkwiki.

  Henrique Holschuh