[ltp] Re: New T61 :) Wireless manager question, and wireless question.

Rolf Kutz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 May 2008 12:55:29 +0200

On 06/05/08 12:33 +0200, Sebastian Geiger wrote:
>I belive there is a huge difference in KnetworkManager between x86
>(32bit) and amd64 (64bit). I for my self had Knetworkmanager running on
>Gentoo 64bit with no success. While a friend of mine is running it on
>Kubuntu 7.10 (32bit) and it seems to work perfectly. Even he was able to
>configure the VPNC plugin, which in turn caused my Knetworkmanager to
>crash repeatedly.

I'm running it on 64bit Kubuntu. It did have it's
issues, f.e. if you manually configured an
Interface it wouldn't let you automatically
configure it later on (unless you deleted the
/etc/network/interfaces entry). And it can't do
more advanced setups, like multiple interfaces or
routing. But that isn't the purpose of it anyway.

regards, Rolf
--
... But, conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' ...