[ltp] Ubuntu Hardy: Intel video driver slow/broken on Thinkpad X41

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 May 2008 15:12:56 +0200

--K/NRh952CO+2tg14

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski):

> Charles E Rick Taylor IV:

>> I've got a Thinkpad X41 tablet with an Intel 915 video chip.  I've
>> just installed Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 and have noticed that (among the
>> *rest* of the bugs) that 3D performance has dropped markedly compared
>> to the previous Ubunto (Gutsy 7.10).

> You can start tracking this by trying out the various workaronds
> for LP#177492: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/177492

(Also, the best starting point it to swich X.org to the =E2=80=98i810=E2=80=
=99 driver
and thus see whether this is an issue with the =E2=80=98intel=E2=80=99 driv=
er or with
something else.)

-- Shot
--=20
Screams erupted at a nearby hotel, where Microsoft founder Bill Gates
was addressing an education and technology conference.       -- MSNBC

--K/NRh952CO+2tg14

--K/NRh952CO+2tg14--