[ltp] diagnosing a freeze on T60p with ubuntu hardy

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 May 2008 12:59:14 +0100

I'm using the radeon driver, not the proprietary one. Interestingly if I
use the default video output mode (xv) with mplayer I don't get the
problem. It's only if I use the gl2 driver, which suggests the problem
may be in mesa rather than the radeon driver? (not sure - I don't
understand much about the various video components).

It's definitely a full hang as you say. Perhaps the video card is being
written to in a non-safe way.

Phil