[ltp] Re: T61 trackpoint and touchpad not working

Jimmy Wu linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 May 2008 11:16:06 -0400

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Jimmy Wu
<jimmywu013+linux-thinkpad@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just randomly, both my trackpoint and my touchpad stopped working when
> I booted up today.
> Moving the trackpoint results in a middle-click with no pointer
> movement, and the touchpad does not seem to respond to anything.
> Interestingly, external usb mice seem to work fine.
> I've attached my xorg.conf, but what mystifies me is I haven't done
> anything to it recently.
> I'm running debian sid on a t61, and I did get some X related updates
> a few days ago, but this only happened today.
>
> What could be going on?

Just another update: perhaps it's not xorg -- I went into a tty and
the mouse behavior (with gpm) is the same there, i.e. moving the
trackpoint is a middle click, usb mouse works fine, touchpad doesn't
respond.

--
Jimmy Wu
Registered Linux User #454138