[ltp] diagnosing a freeze on T60p with ubuntu hardy

Septh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 May 2008 14:25:33 -0700 (PDT)

I have this problem on my T43, its cuz the desktop effects are turned on but
the ati gfx drivers aren't installed, turn off desktop effects and the
problem will be solved, or install the ati gfx drivers but this will break
suspend mode... but up to you, I just disable the desktop effects, as I use
suspend mode lots and apparently compiz the desktop effects suck power.