[ltp] brightness buttons on T61

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 31 May 2008 10:37:42 -0700

On Sat, 31 May 2008 10:08:55 -0700
Lothar Werzinger <lothar@tradescape.biz> dijo:

> On Saturday 31 May 2008, Cherife Li wrote:
> > As <m h> asked a volume buttons issue on T61p, I'm posting a brightness
> > buttons issue on T61 here so won't offing <m h>'s topic.
> > (I'm wondering whether <m h> has this same issue.)
>
> Since upgrading to Kubuntu Hardy both the volume buttons and the brightness
> buttons on my T61 (and the T61's of my coworkers) work out of the box.

Same here after upgrading Ubuntu Gutsy x86_64 to Hardy. Actually I had
the volume buttons working before, although I had to do a BIOS upgrade
before they would work with Gutsy.

Actually, I never use either set of buttons. The only benefit to me is
that fixing the brightness buttons also fixed the power management so
now I get about two hours out of the battery where I used to get about
one and a quarter hours or so.