[ltp] Keyboard issues with intrepid

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:22:38 +0000

I think I've got to the bottom of it. I had a program (eclipse) dump
core in a routine that I eventually traced to at-spi. Seems that while
trying out various settings on my new Intrepid install I'd enabled
'Assistive Technologies' - text to speech and stuff. Looks like this
screws up, on a random basis, keyboard input and text output. Having
disabled it (and uninstalled at-spi) I've not had a recurrence of the
problem.

Phil