[ltp] Laptop screen fuzzy after recent reboot

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Nov 2008 18:31:16 +0000

Phil Shotton wrote:
> I just performed a reboot after taking a bunch of updates and now my
> laptop screen is 'fuzzy'. Second LCD screen is fine, and laptop screen
> is fine right up to the point I login. Once logged in it looks out of
> focus as though odd pixel lines are moved down one. Affects graphics
> as well as text.
>
> Main change of the update was kernel 2.6.27-9-generic, but booting
> back into previous 2.6.27-7-generic makes no difference. There was
> nothing video-related in the updates.
>
> Any ideas what might have gone wrong and how to fix?

Well I've fixed it but still baffled. The fix was to go to clone mode
display (which restored the laptop display to normality) and then back
to twin-head settings - and it still looks good. Haven't yet seen if it
persists across a reboot. Still interested to understand what's going on
here.

Phil