[ltp] What about the x400?

km linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:22:59 +0200

Is there any word on when the new Thinkpad x400 and x500 will be
released?

The last I've heard about these models have been the rumours
published on various techsites/blogs in april about the x[234]00 lineup
coming in the end of september. The x200 is here, but what about the
x400?

I have to buy a new thinkpad pretty soon (new job) but all of the
current models are lacking in some area and the x400 is looking to be the
real sweetspot with everything I'm looking for.

The new t models just looks like big battlecruisers with 15.4" screens
and with lower vertical resolution than my t60 (1400x1050) thats why Im
now looking at the x lineup. Widescreen displays really have destroyed the
t series.

The x61s doesnt have a CD burner and crappy resolution although it is the
last thinkpad with good aspect ratio.

The x200 only has a 12.1" display (to small) with crappy resolution
(1280x800).

The x200s has the same small 12.1" display but with OK resolution (1440x900).
Also only a 1.2Ghz CPU.

The x300 has worse battery life than the x200 but OK resolution and
workable screen size (13.3").

And finally the x301, my top choice right now. If only it had a bigger
screen and a faster CPU it would have been a done deal.

I love my current t60 and it feels like all the new models are a step
down in either size, screen size/resolution, CPU speed or something else.

-km