[ltp] No USB after restore

Thu, 23 Oct 2008 07:22:21 +0200

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 14:21:38 -0700, bhaskins@chartermi.net wrote:

[...]

> I just seems that whenever a new version or an upgrade comes out
> it breaks things that were working before.

Yes, I know. That's why I try to test rc kernels, to get things fixed
if the release is ready. And even if I find bugs, and a fix is ready,
sometimes the release is made without the fix. QA is a really weak
point in Linux development.

However, there isn't really much you can do if you have a problem with
such an old kernel. There are a lot of USB changes and fixes in every
kernel release, so everybody will ask it this still happens with a
current kernel first.

Regards,
Tino