[ltp] Fan error on T60p

Mihai Bazon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 01 Sep 2008 18:45:40 +0300

Hi folks,

I cleaned the fan of this device for the zillionth time and finally now
it fails to boot.  The fan starts spinning (with a horrible noise, but
that's the reason why I tried to clean it up anyway) and it stops after
about 3 seconds; then I get the message "Fan error" and the machine
shuts down after 2 seconds.  Can't tell how frustrating this is. :(

Anyone knows what I might have b0rken?

On a related note: I'm looking to buy a new fan.  It's impossible to
find such thing in Romania so I ordered one from an eBay seller, but it
didn't get here yet.  Does anyone on this list have one for spare?  I
can do PayPal.  And I need it, like, yesterday. :)

Thanks,
-Mihai