[ltp] problem with tpb on Debian Lenny...

Frédéric BOITEUX linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:32:17 +0200

Le jeu 18 sep 2008 11:05:25 CEST, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac@debian.org>
a écrit :

> On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:56:29AM +0200, Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
> >   I had a problem of slow refresh (especially with xfce4-terminal),
> > resolved at now by disabling Composite Xorg extension (see Debian BTS
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=445323)
>
> Can you followup on the bug, adding info about drivers etc.?

Yes,

As someone explained in the bug report (but the bug looks like occuring
in different environments), it takes a lot of time for the xfce-terminal
to be refreshed after a resize of the window or more often when
switching back to a virtual desktop having some such terminals. My
X31 has a ATI chip (Radeon Mobility M6 LY), and Debian Lenny has a Xorg
7.3 X window system. I'm using "ati" driver, with the Xorg config
I've setup for Debian Etch from ThinkWiki tips. I've observed also that
the xfce-terminal didn't use so much CPU, but the X server did.

	Fred.