[ltp] Re: Bluetooth button not working after installing Debian 2.6.29 kernel

Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:23:14 -0300

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Yes, I'm not questioning the source for the key names.  That's perfect.
>
> I'm questioning the need to change "KEY_BLUETOOTH" to "bluetooth", when
> the constants in fact are the same.  Might be just me, but I find such

I think HAL is (or tries to be) cross-platform.  They may have decided to
make everything lowercase, and the key names had to conform to that even if
Linux (which would be just one of the platforms) uses upper-case.

> anything about those.  I'm just trying to understand hal, and it doesn't
> work out too well at the moment...

Yeah, hal is confusing. BTW, what you want to change for acpid-like services
is not hal itself, is something called hal-input or close to that, a
secondary helper application that ships in the hal source.

  Henrique Holschuh