[ltp] Bad fan behaviour in X61s caused by GPU temperatur sensor

Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 5 Dec 2009 15:46:00 +0100

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

Thomas Kahle:

> In my case I came to the conclusion that the fan is triggered by the
> wireless temperature while it is just to far away (physically) from
> the wireless card to cool it. So it would stay on all the time and the
> wireless would still stay at the trigger temperature.

> That made me conclude I could simply reduce that trigger temperature
> at the wireless. (Now if the BIOS was open source ...:) )

Did you manage to reduce the wireless temperature? I tried lowering the
signal strength on the X60, but this doesn=E2=80=99t seem to affect how hot=
 the
right palmrest gets. :(

=E2=80=94 Shot
--=20
I pity The Onion headline writers. =E2=80=98Amazon
remotely deletes =E2=80=9C1984=E2=80=9D=E2=80=99? How can you top that?
                                 [Mark Pilgrim]

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW--