[ltp] lenovo-sl-laptop on Fedora 12

Armel KERMORVANT linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:00:05 +0100 (CET)

Good Morning,

I have a Lenovo SL300 and I decide to install Fedora 12.
I check before the installation if all components work fine, potentialy yes except the video brighness and volume keys on KDE.
Do you have an idea on wich repository where I found the lenovo-sl-laptop.rpm for fedora ?
I check and I didn't fine it.

The second solution, I compile by my self the driver but on my first test, please find below my commands :

1- Extract the file (file come from : http://github.com/tetromino/lenovo-sl-laptop) in my personal directory
2- make (some new files are created)
3- cp lenovo-sl-laptop.ko /lib/modules/2.6.31-xxxxxx.fc12.i686.PAE/kernel/drivers/acpi/ (Some drivers are present : sbshc.ko / sbs.ko / video.ko)
4- depmod -ae
5- create a lenovo-sl-laptop.conf into /etc/modprobe.d
this is the contents :
blacklist video
options lenovo-sl-laptop control_backlight=1

6- I reboot my system and the acpi driver is not loaded, if I type the same command into the directory I compile the driver I have no issue the driver is loaded and the volume keys work fine.

If I type insmod lenovo-sl-alptop, I have an error meesage the system did find the file or the directory.

Could you help me on this issue ?

Thanks

Armel